Work With Us
If you're a great traffic ticket lawyer, we want to work with you! Start receiving new cases as early as today.
Off The Record is a technology platform that makes it easy for drivers to fight their tickets and keep violations off their record.
We’re strong supporters of improving road safety through responsible driving. However, we also believe that everyone should have easy and affordable access to legal help when confronted with a traffic ticket. It’s estimated that of the 41 million speeding tickets issued in the U.S. in 2014, over 25% were issued in error. Our mission is to help the country’s 200 million drivers defend their driving records and protect their insurance premiums from unjust penalties. No one should ever lose their driving privileges – or face jail time – for a speeding ticket.
Depending on the violation, getting just a single ticket can boost an average policyholder’s auto insurance premiums by as much as 22 percent.
Off The Record leverages the power of mobile and web technology to make fighting your ticket as easy as ordering take-out. Users provide us with a photo of their ticket and answer a few simple questions, and our platform intelligently matches them with best local traffic lawyer for their case. From there, everything is taken care of. Users receive real-time updates on the status of their case, and can communicate with their lawyer at any time via the app. Once a case is resolved, the user is notified of the outcome and advised of any further action.
In the past 6 months, our data-driven algorithm has allowed us to achieve a 97% success rate. If we’re unsuccessful at getting a ticket dismissed, deferred, or amended you get your money back*, no questions asked.
* An overwhelming majority of our supported areas issue a refund. Our service will instantly let you know if you’re eligible for a refund before booking a case with us.
OTR is available in most states and cities across the US. We’re working hard to make it available everywhere, and we add new cities each week!
The quickest way to find out if we can help you with your specific ticket is to submit it here (or download our iPhone app!). It takes less than a minute and you’ll instantly get all the information you need to make a decision (i.e. Do we cover your area, how much would it cost you, what’s our success rate, is your ticket eligible for a refund, etc).
There are a couple ways to start a case:
- You can book a case directly from our website at any time. Click here to fight your ticket now!
- If you have an iPhone, download our iPhone app
If you run into any issues while booking a case, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1 (844) 687-2946. If possible, please include a photo of your ticket when you email us.
It may seem that the easy thing to do is to pay your ticket and be done with it. But here’s the thing – you wont just be done with it. That ticket will follow you around for at least the next three years! Here’s what happens when you plead guilty and pay your ticket:
- Your insurance premiums will most likely increaseOn average, if you get just one traffic ticket on your record, your insurance premiums will go up by $300 per year for the next three years! Drivers often call us to say they regret not fighting their ticket when they had the chance. One driver called to tell us her insurance premiums had gone up by $75/month after her first ticket! (We were shocked too!)
- Your driving record will be tarnishedMany jobs require a clean driving record. For the rest of us, a clean driving record provides peace of mind.
- Future incidents will be more painfulIf you think one traffic ticket is bad, wait and see what happens when you get two or three. Your insurance company may decide to stop your coverage and you might be at risk of losing your license. One reason lawyers recommend fighting every traffic ticket is to add a cushion in case you get a traffic ticket in the future.
- You lose police officer good willWhen an officer pulls you over, he or she is less likely to give you a ticket if you have a clean driving record. Believe it or not, most cops don’t want to be the first one to give you a ticket (It’s a psychological thing). If the officer sees that you already have a ticket on your record, you’re toast.
In order to avoid all these negative consequences, always choose to fight your tickets!
If you do a Google search, you’ll find plenty of lawyers offering to fight your ticket for you. We might be biased, but we think our service is far superior than anything else out there. Here’s why:
- We’ve got the most competitive fees (i.e. You’ll save money)We work hard to make sure we have the most competitive fees available anywhere. If you find a lawyer with a more competitive legal fee, let us know. We may be able to price match.
- We stand by our money back guaranteeWe’d never want you to be worse off for fighting your ticket. This is why we have a money back guarantee. For most tickets, if your case is not resolved successfully, you’ll get a full refund. You’ll know whether or not your ticket is eligible for our money back guarantee before you book a case.
- Customer service is important to usWhen you book a case with Off The Record, we’ll make sure that you remain satisfied throughout the process. It’s also worth noting that the lawyers we work with agree to a certain level of customer service commitment. Customer service is of utmost importance to us and we only work with lawyers who are willing to meet those same standards.
- It’s easy, convenient, hassle freeYou’ll be able to start a case in under a minute. Here’s how it works. Once you’ve started a case, you’ll receive real time updates and you’ll be able to manage your case online from start to finish. No need to mail in your ticket and no office visits. Of course, if you prefer to talk to your lawyer on the phone, that wont be a problem.
- It’s smartWe don’t just match you to any lawyer, we match you to an experienced traffic attorney who’s got a great track record in the court where your ticket will be contested. We’ve collected years worth of data and we know which lawyers are successful (and which aren’t) in each court we serve.Keep in mind that for most tickets, we offer a full refund if your case is not successful. So we do our best to match you to the right lawyer.
If you are found guilty of the original violation, we will issue you a full refund of the legal fee that you paid. Here’s the details:
You will receive a full refund if:
- Your ticket is found committed (i.e. You are found guilty)
- We are legally allowed to offer a refund
A few areas don’t allow us to offer a refund (specifically, New Jersey and New York City). This will be clearly marked and obvious before you book a case.
You will not receive a refund if:
- Your ticket is dismissed, amended to a non-moving violation or deferred
- You received the ticket in a state that has a point system, and the points associated with your ticket are reduced
- The attorney gets you a deal that wasn’t previously available
- You are able to keep the ticket off of your record by taking traffic school or a defensive driving course
Please check out our full money back guarantee for more information.
Yes. We only work with traffic attorneys who have years of experience fighting traffic infractions. Many of the attorneys we work with practice traffic law exclusively.
At Off The Record, we keep track of all case outcomes so we know which lawyers are successful in each court we serve. We use this data when we match you to a lawyer. This is how we’ve been able to achieve a 97% success rate nationally.
Yes you can! Once you’ve booked a case, you’ll have 24 hours to change your mind and receive a full refund. Once the 24 hours have passed, you will no longer be able to cancel. An experienced attorney starts working on your case as soon as it is submitted.
No, unfortunately no lawyer can guarantee a specific outcome. We hate it when it happens, but sometimes the ticket will be found committed and the driver will be found guilty. Here is what we do promise:
- We will treat your ticket as if it were our own and do our best to maximize your chances of success.
- You will not be worse off for having used our service. If your case is not successful (i.e. If your ticket is not dismissed, amended, deferred, or reduced to a lesser charge), we’ll issue you a full refund. Please see our money back guarantee for more details.
When you plead guilty and pay a traffic ticket fine, that ticket will stay on your driving record for 3 – 5 years. Your insurance premiums will likely increase, and you will be dealt with more harshly if you get future tickets. Here are the possible outcomes when you fight your traffic ticket:
- Full DismissalIf you have a spotless record, or if your ticket has errors or inconsistencies, there’s a good chance that your lawyer may be able to get the ticket completely dismissed. When this happens, you won’t have to pay a fine and the ticket will never show up on your record. It will be as if it never happened.
- Amended (Reduced) to Non-Moving ViolationIf your ticket does not have any errors, or if the judge and prosecutor have enough evidence to believe that you committed the infraction, then your lawyer will negotiate with the judge and prosecutor to reduce the charge to a non-moving violation (like a parking ticket). When this happens, you’ll likely have to pay a fine, but the ticket will not go on your driving record. Your lawyer may be able to argue for a lower fine, but the real savings is that your insurance premiums will not increase because of this ticket, and future tickets will not have a compound effect.
- Ticket Points ReducedIf you received the ticket in a state with a point system, your lawyer may be able to get the number of points associated with your ticket reduced. Getting the number of points reduced will minimize the impact the ticket has on your driving record and insurance premiums. It may also result in a lower fine and prevent possible license suspension.
- DeferralSome states have a deferral program. Deferring a ticket means that the court is willing to turn a blind eye to the ticket if you don’t get another one for a certain period of time. Deferred tickets do not appear on your driving record. Traffic lawyers, including the ones Off The Record works with, usually use this as a last resort.
- Committed (Case Lost)Obviously, we hate it when this happens. While the vast majority of drivers who contest a ticket get a favorable outcome, sometimes nothing can be done to avoid the full penalty. Our lawyers will fight hard to avoid this scenario, but it is always a possibility.When this happens, you’ll have to pay your original ticket fine and the ticket will go on your driving record. The good news is that if you contested your ticket through OTR and your ticket was eligible for our money back guarantee, we’ll issue you a full refund.
Our matching algorithm takes a number of factors into consideration when matching your ticket to a lawyer. The goal is to match you with the lawyer that has a great chance of being successful. We base this on actual data, and we’ve gotten really good at it.
With that said, if you want to work with a specific lawyer, email us at email@example.com and we’ll make it happen.
We would be flattered. You and your lawyer would need to create an account. We’ll setup the rest for you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’ll also get a little thank you gift for referring a new lawyer to us.
Of course! Once you’ve booked a case, you’ll be able to message your lawyer directly through your Off The Record account. You’ll also have access to your lawyer’s phone number and email address. Your lawyer will contact you within one business day of you booking a case.
Monday – Friday
9am – 5pm, Pacific
12pm – 8pm, Eastern
We’ll do our best to get back to you within one business day, but most often we’ll get back to you within minutes.
If you’d prefer, you can email us directly at email@example.com